The opportunity: Improving the world of work
Are you looking to transform the world of work through strategy and culture? Are you worn out helping big companies just find ways to pad the bottom line and seek greater purpose in your work? Are you passionate about making a difference in the world and positively influencing the safety and wellbeing of others?
Propulo Consulting is the leading Safety Culture Strategic Advisory firm. In America, nearly 14 workers needlessly die every day in workplace fatalities, and that trend has barely shifted in the last 10 years. We shape and implement strategies for leading organizations that are committed to eliminating workplace Serious Injuries and Fatalities.
In this role you’ll serve as Chief of Staff ensuring firm operational and client delivery excellence, helping execute on strategic priorities, client deliverables, and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and our partners to drive results.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for safety and ensuring that workers come home safe to their loved ones. In this role may require minimal travel.
- Manage and drive project engagements to ensure rapid decision making, coordinated execution, and visibility to key initiatives
- Support key client and consulting engagements
- Manage the firm’s strategic roadmap by tracking all initiatives and verifying execution
- Create, plan, and attend meetings to accomplish clear and effective decision making, tracking, and reporting on follow-up actions required
- Create strategic messaging, both written & spoken, to provide an overall view across teams and help collaboration across the organization
- Serve as a trusted advisor to elevate and amplify the Chief Executive Officer’s capacity, capability, and effectiveness
- Act as a sounding board, serve as liaison when needed, and manage executive communications
- Collaborate on content development (presentations, papers, memos) and preparation for key client meetings
- Responsible for supporting and/or owning the success of client project outcomes
- Develop and execute on organizational change strategies
- Contributes positively to the Propulo culture and brand by living the Propulo values
- Collaborates effectively across our team of experts to execute client engagements
- Contributes to Propulo’s team-based approach to business
- Safety Culture experience not required
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors degree with relevant experience with preference to communications, project management or business
- +10 years of demonstrated success leading large, complex projects across teams or organizations, often working on multiple projects at the same time
- Experience in business planning, strategy & operations
- Successful experience working with senior leaders
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to support and/or manage projects by executing on work deliverables while ensuring timelines and expectations are met
- Proven, applied data-driven, decision-making skillset
- Demonstrated success formulating strategic direction, skillful implementation
- Courageous, action-oriented, and results-driven
- Skilled diplomat with high levels of professional confidence
- Effective communication skills and strong executive presentation development and delivery skills
- Engage in ongoing efforts to increase the depth of knowledge of our Propulo team
- Strong verbal, oral and written communication skills, including client-facing roadmap design, presentation, and proposal development
- Ability to credibly facilitate and present to senior executives in small to large and complex organizations
- Influence and rapport building skills both internally and externally
- Innovative collaboration within our team and client stakeholders
- Foster and model a respectful learning environment, in which everyone recognizes vulnerabilities, strives for personal and team-focused development and continuous, never-ending improvement and development
- Demonstrate attitudes of accountability, vulnerability, and a willingness to learn
- Client-centered urgency and responsiveness
Working conditions and requirements
Propulo Consulting is fully committed to providing equal opportunities to all. Each Propulo team member works out of their virtual home office – however, this is not a remote role as it may require extensive but occasional business travel (Hybrid Role). As such, only candidates located in close proximity to a major Delta/American/United/Air Canada airport hub will be considered. Travel requirements vary depending upon client engagements.
Depending on education and prior relevant work experience, base pay range for this position is typically between $85,000-115,000 with comprehensive health benefits, 401K and is eligible to participate in any profit sharing programs that may exist for a given year.
IMPORTANT: All applicants must already be legally able to work in the United States with no restrictions to being able to travel internationally and to securing appropriate sponsored visas in Canada as well as other potential countries (see NAFTA requirements for context).