Consultant, Continuous Improvement & Change
Are you looking to transform the world of work through strategy and culture? Are you worn out helping big companies just find ways to pad the bottom line and seek greater purpose in your work? Are you passionate about making a difference in the world and positively influencing the safety and wellbeing of others?
Propulo Consulting is the leading Safety Culture Strategic Advisory firm. In north America, nearly 17 workers needlessly die every day in workplace fatalities, and that trend has barely shifted in the last 10 years. We shape and implement strategies for leading organizations that are committed to eliminating workplace Serious Injuries and Fatalities.
We are seeking a dynamic and seasoned Consultant, Continuous Improvement & Change, to support key safety culture transformations, acting as an enabler for strategic initiatives and ensuring effective execution. While Safety experience is not required, Consulting experience in Continuous Improvement, Organizational Change, Communication and/or Business Transformation is required. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for safety and ensuring that workers come home safe to their loved ones.
Leveraging experience in Continuous Improvement & Change, this role effectively supports the assessment, development, and implementation of strategies for Safety Culture Transformations across large organizations. The right candidate will bring strategic thinking, business acumen, communications expertise, intellectual curiosity, energy, and creativity to help increase the impact of our consulting projects.
Typically, our consulting roles require limited travel but do need to be located near a major Air Canada hub as extensive travel might occasionally be required for some clients.
- Support consulting projects through research, analysis, interviews, focus groups, reports and recommendation development
- Facilitate and/or support cultural assessments and change readiness, solution development and implementation workshops
- Develop and execute on organizational change strategies and review of consulting reports and presentations
- Keeping our CEO and Partners informed about project status and issues that may impact client deliverables
- Project execution and control activities, including quality assurance, issue resolution, monitoring and project performance reporting
2. Consulting Chief of Staff
- Distill and synthesize strategic discussions into discernible, executable plans
- Act as an advisor to the CEO, providing a sounding board on matters of strategy and execution
- Support client communication needs around key transformational initiatives
- Lead special projects and programs to improve overall effectiveness of our firm
- Support the quarterly strategy cycle
3. Our Team
- Contribute positively to the Propulo culture and brand by living the Propulo values
- Support teams of consultants in client and internal engagements to drive results and offer effortless customer experience
- Collaborate effectively across our team of experts to execute client engagements
- Contribute to Propulo’s team-based approach to business
- Support development of consultant team members
- Provide expertise (OD, change management, change readiness, cultural assessments, strategy, etc.)
- Safety Culture experience not required
- MBA preferred or equivalent degree in Business, Communications, or Organizational Change
- 3-4 years of Continuous Improvement, Strategy, Business Transformation or Change Leadership or Strategic Communications experience with a large consulting firm
- Successful experience working with both senior leaders and front-line employees
- Proven track record of ensuring accountability and results
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to support and/or manage projects by executing work steps and ensuring individual expectations are met regarding timelines and deliverables
- Able to develop and implement large-scale change management programs, training strategy, organizational assessment, and design
- Engage in ongoing efforts to increase the depth of knowledge of Propulo team
- Assessment, interview and listening skills with employees from the front line to senior leaders to identify cultural and/or company efficiencies and gaps
- Strong verbal, oral and written communication skills, including client-facing roadmap design, presentation and proposal development
- Ability to credibly facilitate, train, and present to a range of groups from senior executives to front line employees in small to mid-sized organizations
- Influencing and rapport building skills both internally and externally
- Innovative collaboration within our team and client stakeholders
- Foster and model a respectful learning environment, in which each individual recognizes vulnerabilities, striving for personal and team-focused development and continuous, never-ending improvement and development
- Demonstrate attitudes of accountability, vulnerability, and a willingness to learn
- Client-centered urgency and responsiveness
Working conditions and requirements
Propulo Consulting is fully committed to providing equal opportunities to all. Each Propulo team member works out of their virtual home office – however, this is a hybrid role as it may require extensive but occasional business travel. As such, only candidates near a major Air Canada hub will be considered. Travel requirements vary depending upon client engagements.
IMPORTANT: All applicants must already be legally able to work in Canada with no restrictions to being able to travel internationally and to securing appropriate sponsored visas in the United States as well as other potential countries (see NAFTA requirements for context).