Consultant, Continuous Improvement
Are you looking to transform the world of work through strategy and culture? Are you worn out helping big companies just find ways to pad the bottom line and seek greater purpose in your work? Are you passionate about making a difference in the world and positively influencing the safety and wellbeing of others?
Propulo Consulting is the leading Safety Culture Strategic Advisory firm. In North America, nearly 17 workers needlessly die every day in workplace fatalities, and that trend has barely shifted in the last 10 years. We shape and implement strategies for leading organizations that are committed to eliminating workplace Serious Injuries and Fatalities.
We are seeking a dynamic and seasoned Consultant, Continuous Improvement, to support key safety culture transformations, acting as an enabler for strategic initiatives and ensuring effective execution. While Safety experience is not required, Consulting experience in Continuous Improvement, Communication and/or Business Transformation is required. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for safety and ensuring that workers come home safe to their loved ones.
Leveraging experience in Continuous Improvement, this role effectively supports the assessment, development, and implementation of strategies for Safety Culture Transformations across large organizations. The right candidate will bring strategic thinking, problem solving, business acumen, communications expertise, intellectual curiosity, and energy to help increase the impact of our consulting projects.
Our consulting roles may require intensive business travels required for some clients and do need to be located near a major airport hub.
- Support consulting projects through research, analysis, interviews, focus groups, reports and recommendation development
- Facilitate and/or support assessments and change readiness, solution development and implementation workshops
- Develop and execute on organizational leadership strategies and review of consulting reports and presentations
- Keeping our CEO, Chief of Staff and Partners informed about project status and issues that may impact client deliverables
- Project execution and control activities, including quality assurance, issue resolution, monitoring and project performance reporting
- Lead special projects and programs to improve overall effectiveness of our firm
- Design and facilitate WorkOut, Kaizen, Design Thinking and Strategy Workshops
2. Data Analytics
- Develop analytical dashboards on key client engagements as needed; distill data into meaningful abstracts that tell an impactful story
- Develop measurement strategies and complete statistical analysis to drive business decisions
- Create presentations of findings using Excel and PowerPoint to deliver data analysis with summary insights and data visualizations
2. Communication with management & Clients
- Stay abreast of industry trends to ensure Propulo remains innovative in its approach and offerings
- Communicating and maintaining relationship with clients
- Distill and synthesize strategic discussions into discernible, executable plans
- Support client communication needs around key transformational initiatives
3. Our Team
- Contribute positively to the Propulo culture and brand by living the Propulo values
- Collaborate effectively across our team of experts to execute client engagements
- Contribute to Propulo’s team-based approach to business
- Safety Culture experience not required
- MBA preferred or equivalent degree in Business, Communications, or Continues Improvement
- 5-10 years of Continuous Improvement, Strategy or Business Transformation experience with either a consulting firm or as an internal consultant
- Successful experience working with both senior leaders and front-line employees
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt preferred
- Experienced Kaizen, WorkOut or Design Thinking facilitator
- Proven track record of ensuring accountability and results
- Experience with Minitab and Tableau preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to influence leaders and constituents towards decisions
- Strong business acumen, consultative skills, critical thinking, problem solving, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills, grasping complexities, identifying key issues, and applying sound judgment
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to distill into executable actions
- Self-driven, self-organized and able to multitask/manage dynamically changing, competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent writer, with the skills to distill complex content into clear, concise, and engaging communications, and able to write with speed and accuracy
- Strong storyteller with the ability to create compelling narratives and consulting presentations and proposal development
- Strong facilitator with experience facilitating Kaizen, WorkOut or Design Thinking workshops
- Assessment, interview and listening skills with employees from the front line to senior leaders to identify cultural and/or company efficiencies and gaps
- Ability to credibly facilitate, train, and present to a range of groups from senior executives to front line employees in small to mid-sized organizations
- Foster and model a respectful learning environment, in which each individual recognizes vulnerabilities, striving for personal and team-focused development and continuous, never-ending improvement and development
- Demonstrate attitudes of accountability, vulnerability, and a willingness to learn
- Client-centered urgency and responsiveness
- Ability to identify useful information in data sets and suggest conclusions
Working conditions and requirements
Propulo Consulting is fully committed to providing equal opportunities to all. Each Propulo team member works out of their virtual home office – however, this is a hybrid role as it may require extensive but occasional business travel. As such, only candidates near a major Airport hub will be considered. Travel requirements vary depending upon client engagements.
***IMPORTANT: All applicants must already be legally able to work in either the United States or Canada with no restrictions to being able to travel internationally and to securing appropriate sponsored visas in the United States and Canada as well as other potential countries (see NAFTA requirements for context). Applicants must reside in one of the following states/provinces:
• USA: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
• Canada: Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Ontario or Quebec
Depending on education and prior relevant work experience, base pay range for this position is typically between $85,000-120,000 with comprehensive health benefits, 401K and is eligible to participate in any profit sharing programs that may exist for a given year.