Design and develop instructor-led experiential learning solutions
About Propulo Consulting
Are you looking to change the world of work and drive impact? Do you desire to know your work is positively influencing the safety and wellbeing of others?
Propulo Consulting is the leading Safety Culture Strategic Advisory firm. In North America, nearly 17 workers needlessly die every day in workplace fatalities, and that trend has barely shifted in the last 10 years. We shape and implement strategies for leading organizations that are committed to eliminating workplace Serious Injuries and Fatalities.
Propulo is seeking a dynamic, organized, and collaborative Instructional Designer to help us create engaging instructor-led leadership development training solutions to support the growth of our business in existing and new markets. Extensive experience in experiential instructor-led leadership development is essential. Experience with virtual-led training solutions is an important asset.
As this is an independent contractor position, hours, dates and/or locations can vary. There is no guaranteed minimum or regular cycle of work. It is further understood that you may have other clients that affect your availability to accept work.
The main purpose of this position is to design, develop and implement learning solutions that meet the needs of Propulo Consulting and its clients (For Senior Leaders).
1. Design and develop instructor-led experiential learning solutions
- Design and develop engaging instructor-led (and virtual-led) leadership development training solutions for delivery to Propulo clients.
- Create high-impact experiential learning activities and compelling course content that encourages behavior change using theory and best practices of instructional design and change management.
- Produce all program assets and materials including slides, facilitation guides, learner workbooks, job aids, program overviews, participant guides, etc.
- Collaborate with Propulo and/or client subject matter experts to identify training needs and understand solution configurations to meet client learning requirements and expectations.
- Clarify and validate understanding of program objectives and evaluation criteria.
- Monitor, track, and report on content development status.
- Owning accountability for the quality of all deliverables.
2. Provide ad-hoc instructional design consultation
- Research, review and provide recommendations on learning exercises and activities to enhance learning experiences across various learning solutions.
- Evaluate, revise, update and enhance existing training content/assets, and provide recommendations that will enhance the user experience.
- Other projects as needed.
3. Our Team
- Support teams of consultants in client and internal engagements to drive results and offer effortless customer experience.
- Collaborate effectively with our team of experts to execute client engagements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in instructional design, adult learning or learning and development-related fields.
- A minimum of 8-10 years designing and developing instructor-led leadership development learning solutions in a range of delivery formats.
- Heavy-industry knowledge preferred – mining, oil & gas, utilities, manufacturing, transportation, etc.
- Proficient in English – Excellent written communication skills and the ability to adapt your writing style to the delivery format and/or to address specific audience needs.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven working experience in instructional design and designing leadership development learning solutions.
- Ability to assess a client’s needs and recommend an effective learning solution
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Knowledge of behavior change design approaches
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Ability to lead client meetings, projects, and initiatives
- Proficiency in computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Have an agile, growth-oriented mindset
- Purpose-driven and proven results orientation
- Detail-oriented and capable of conducting self-directed research
- Demonstrate attitudes of accountability, vulnerability, and a willingness to learn
- Be committed to integrity within a professional environment
- Urgency and responsiveness
Working conditions and requirements
- This is a remote work position that must be located in either the United States or Canada. Propulo Consulting is fully committed to providing equal opportunities to all.
- All applicants must already be legally able to work in the United States or Canada with no restrictions to being able to travel internationally.